How to apply for a Postgraduate Master’s Loan

How to apply for a Postgraduate Master’s Loan
    Watch the video

    click to begin


    If you're thinking about starting a postgraduate Master's course this year you can apply
    for a Postgraduate Master's Loan to help pay for your course and living costs.
    The quickest and easiest way to apply is online. To apply, you'll need your passport, National
    Insurance number and bank details – so make sure you have these to hand.
    You should apply as soon as possible once the application service opens to make sure
    you get your money in time for the start of your course. Don't worry if you don't
    have a confirmed place at university, you can use your preferred choice and simply change
    the details later if you need to.
    When you apply we'll let you know if you need to send any evidence. Most people won't
    have to send any, but if we ask you for more details or evidence make sure you send these
    as quickly as possible so your application isn't delayed.
    When we've assessed your application, we'll send you a letter telling you how much you
    can get and when we'll pay you. Once you've registered at uni and started your course,
    we'll make your first payment.
    For more information about applying for a Postgraduate Master's Loan visit
    Student Finance Wales – the new student finance package Repaying your student loan Extra help for students with children or adult dependants Student finance explained 2018/19 Cyllid Myfyrwyr Cymru – y pecyn cyllid myfyrwyr newydd Postgraduate Master's Loan explained 2018/19 Parents' guide – how to support your child's application How to apply for student finance Key facts on interest What are Disabled Students' Allowances?